Finding a Cheap Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Whitianga is Now Easy
Compare prices of campervan and motorhome rentals in Whitianga at VroomVroomVroom to find the cheapest rate. We have listed down the camper and RV rental deals from trusted suppliers such as Jucy, Maui, Britz and Real Value. Let us know your intended travel dates and we can give you a list of available motorhome hire in the region.
Search for a campervan in Whitianga with VroomVroomVroom
Whitianga is a main service town on the Coromandel Peninsula. For most of the year, it is a sleepy seaside community. Over summer, the population swells, as holiday makers flock to the many world class beaches close to the town. The harbour is busy with ferries and boaties using Whitianga as a starting point for excursions. Any campervan road trip to the Coromandel must include a stop in Whitianga, but it will pay to book your parking spot for the camper well in advance, as the Thames Coromandel District Council has strict by-laws around freedom camping. Whitianga has something for everyone; sophisticated shopping, upmarket cafes and bars, and always access to amazing beaches and walking trails.
RV Rentals are available from the following locations across the country.
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Campervan and Motorhome Campsites in Whitianga
- Harbourside Holiday Park can be found at 135 Albert St, Whitianga. If you wish to enjoy a sheltered and relaxed setting, this campsite is perfect for you and your family. It is situated just over the road from a sandy estuary beach. Its indoor and outdoor facilities include an adventure playground, large trampoline, swimming pool, and barbecue area. There's an Internet kiosk and WiFi access offered by IAC at a small cost. The cafes and boutique shops of Whitianga are just a short stroll away.
- Mercury Bay Holiday Park is located at 121 Albert St, Whitianga 3542, New Zealand. If you are after a peaceful, laid-back environment with first-rate camping and accommodation options and great facilities, then this campsite is the right and ideal place for you and your family. The accommodations that it provides include powered caravan sites, kitchen, deluxe and studio unit, 1 bedroom self contained and 2 bedroom family unit self contained.
- Whitianga Campground, which is situated across the road from Buffalo Beach, is less than five minutes drive from the town of Whitianga. The only campground near the beach which contains of more than 50 campsites, powered and unpowered, cabins and tourist flats, this site offers budget accommodation in six cabin and each has kitchenette, queen bed, single or bunk beds and TV, while the tourist flats have four self contained units which can sleep two couples or families up to eight guests.
- Cooks Beach Holiday Resort is situated at 874 Purangi Road. It provides 150+ all season camping on greater than average powered sites and with great quality accommodation from basic Backpacker Cabins to the more deluxe 3 bedroom self contained units.
Top attractions in Whitianga
- Visit the beaches. The beaches in the town area of Whitianga, Buffalo Beach and Wharekaho/ Simpsons Beach are great, but the very best beaches are within a half hours drive from Whitianga. Try Matarangi, an upmarket resort village with a golf course, Hahei, or Cooks Beach.
- Head to Hot Water Beach, where at low tide you can dig yourself a private hot pool. Hot Water Beach looks idyllic, but has some tricky tide conditions. Be sure to swim between the surf lifesavers' flags here.
- Walk the Cathedral Cove track, or get on the water with a sea kayak or glass bottom boat tour. Cathedral Cove is full of white sand bays, and amazing rock formations. It was the location for filming the Chronicles of Narnia movies. It is bordered by the Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve. It is also hugely busy over summer, so much so that you won't be able to park in the car park at the start of the walk. There is now a park and ride back in Hahei, or a water-taxi.
- Drive 30 minutes to the beach of Whangapoua. From here you follow a low-tide walking path to the otherwise inaccessible beach of New Chums / Wainuiototo. This is frequently voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world.
- Relax in a spa. Visit the luxurious thermal Lost Springs hot pools and spa.