Campervan and Motorhome Hire from Tauranga Airport
Hire a campervan at Tauranga Airport and start exploring the North Island. The Bay of Plenty region is perfect for campervan travel, and with VroomVroomVroom you can get the best deals with some of New Zealand's top suppliers like Maui, Britz, Real Value and Jucy. Enter the dates you will require your campervan or motorhome, and easily compare available vehicles at Tauranga Airport.
There is plenty to see with a campervan rental from Tauranga Airport
Tauranga Airport is not just the gateway to one of New Zealand's premier seaside cities, but it is the venue of the Classic Flyers Aviation Museum and Cafe. Each summer, the airport hosts the Classics of the Sky, meaning there is plenty to see in Tauranga even at the region's airport!
- Why visit Tauranga? There is a lot to see and do in Tauranga, and it is also a great base for exploring the Bay of Plenty and the rest of the North Island.
- Is it a good idea to hire a campervan in Tauranga? With depots at the airport and central Tauranga, it is easy for you to find a vehicle to suit your requirements. You can pick your campervan or motorhome up from the airport and start exploring right away.
RV Rentals are available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Top attractions in Tauranga
- Visit White Island: Head east to Whakatane and take a guided tour of the unique landscape of White Island. This active volcano is situated just off the coast.
- Surf near Mt Maunganui: This friendly beachside town has great access to some beautiful white sand beaches with waves ideal for surfing.
- Drive to Rotorua: The popular tourist destination of Rotorua is not far from Tauranga. Visit the famous geothermal pools and learn about the history of Maori culture.
- Head out on the waters of the Wairoa River: The Tauranga region isn't just about beaches. It also has some spectacular rivers. The Wairoa River is one of the country's most popular waterways for white-water rafting.
- Waimarino Kayak Park: Just ten minutes from Tauranga City, this park offers a glow worm cave kayaking tour. Spend the afternoon at their adventure park learning to paddle or bouncing on a water trampoline. There is plenty of sunshine hours in the Bay of Plenty so you can enjoy the outdoors all year round.
Best places to stay in Tauranga with a campervan
- Mt Maunganui Beachside Campground: Book early for this prime spot at the base of 'The Mount', and next door to the heated salt water pools. The convenient location will give you easy access to the Bay of Plenty.
- Papamoa Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort is another beach-front option, around 10 minutes drive from the Mount, and close to shopping facilities.
- Silver Birch Holiday Park is closer to Tauranga city and has peaceful inner-harbour water view sites for motorhomes.
- Maketu Hilltop Holiday Park is away from the main tourist drag, about a 40 minute drive to Rotorua and Whakatane. The camp has a solar heated swimming pool.
Read more about hiring a campervan at Tauranga Airport
Campervan Relocation Deals
Yes it's true! Our rental companies need your help driving their vehicles to particular locations and by doing so, they save more and you save more. It's a win-win! All you have to do is check out our relocation deals that are available and choose a rental deal suited to you and your travel itinerary. Get in quick, deals are subject to change often.