Searching for an ideal rental vehicle that won’t break the bank? Look no further than VroomVroomVroom. We compare the best rates available among local suppliers, and present you with a range of options to suit your budget. Enjoy the fast, easy convenience of hiring your car with us today.
|Vehicle Classes||Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Fullsize, Van, SUV |
|Number of Depots||2|
|Car Rental Brands||Avis, Budget|
If you’re arriving in Queenstown by plane, consider collecting your hire car directly from Queenstown Airport, and enjoy the convenience of an easy pick-up arrangement with one of our nine car rental partners.
Due to Queenstown’s location on New Zealand’s South Island, it’s important to be aware of the weather conditions while driving the city and surrounding areas—especially during Winter. Here are some of our top tips for driving in Queenstown:
1. From April to October, ice and snow may affect the roads, and the Crown Range Road to Wanaka can be especially challenging in icy conditions, so be sure to take care.
2. If you are driving from Queenstown to Milford Sound, consider stopping for a break at Te Anau. The full journey to Milford Sound will take more than four hours.
3. There are several Pay and Display parking options throughout Queenstown, generally charged at $4 per hour, while private parking lots may offer free parking at a capped duration.
4. If you’re visiting from overseas, remember that you are required to drive on the left-hand side of the road in New Zealand.
5. Fill up your car within 20 kilometres of the depot before returning it. Doing so will prevent you from being charged additional refuelling fees by your car rental provider.
As per recent ratings by our customers, the highest-rated rental car in Queenstown is Toyota Rav 4, or similar.
Budget is the highest-rated rental car provider in Queenstown according to recent ratings by our customers.
It takes around ten minutes via State Highway 6A to drive from Queenstown to Queenstown Airport.