Finding a Cheap Motorhome and Campervan Hire in Wellington is Now Easy
Book a campervan hire in Wellington and explore New Zealand's North Island. We compare camper and RV deals from top suppliers so you can easily find the best deal. Fill out your search details and we will show you all the available campervan and motorhome rental deals in locations around the country. Our system is easy to use and you will be able to compare all the best prices.
See the best of Wellington with a campervan rental
Wellington is known as the “coolest little capital in the world”. Hire a campervan and explore the sights and scenery of New Zealand's capital city. Whether you're after a stay near the beach, or would prefer to stay right in the heart of the city where all the action is, there's something for you in Wellington.
Take the guess work out of getting the best deal on campervan hire in Wellington, with VroomVroomVroom. Just pop the details of your trip into our easy to use search engine, and we'll show you all the available campers with easy-to -understand prices displayed.
Campervan rentals are also available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Top holiday parks in and around Wellington
- Wellington TOP 10 Holiday Park which lies at 95 Hutt Park Rd, Lower Hutt boasts a drive-through check in for your convenience so you can be welcomed without leaving your campervan hire. Enjoy the BBQ areas, playground and jumping pillow the Holiday Park offers. Also available is a hot tub to sit back and relax after a long road trip. These clean facilities are waiting to provide you with every comfort.
- Harcourt Holiday Park which can be found in the breathtaking parklands of Akatarawa Valley on the banks of the Hutt River in Upper Hutt, offers their guests with worthy and great facilities. Thinking about your adventure in Wellington? Now is the perfect time to enjoy a peaceful atmosphere with their powered and non powered sites.
- Camp Elsdon is situated on the western side of Porirua which is wrapped up into the edge of the Colonial Knob Reserve. The campsite is a 5 minute drive from Porirua City, which provides 10 campervan powered sites and consists of 20 grassed tent sites near to private NZ native bush.
- Capital Gateway which is situated just off State Highway 1, provides a choice of reasonable accommodation units very ideal for families and groups. It has 27 powered sites for campervans, with easy public transport links to the city. Staying at Capital Gateway will give you a wonderful and stress free experience.
Top attractions in Wellington
- No visit to Wellington (or possibly New Zealand) is complete without stopping in to Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand. For more film magic, visit the Weta Cave, in the film making suburb of Miramar.
- There are fantastic dining experiences to be had in Wellington. Try upmarket Havana Restaurant, which is set in two historic cottages, and features a seasonal menu of Spanish inspired tapas, that changes weekly. On a simpler scale, Little Penang in Dixon Street, offers authentic Malaysian cuisine, and gets rave reviews from locals.
- The re-developed waterfront area, separating the city from the sea, is a magnet for bikers and skaters. You can follow the Writers' Walk, or just bar-hop and graze at the many restaurants. As well as being home to Te Papa, the TSB Bank Arena and Westpac stadium are also located along the waterfront, if you plan to catch major concerts or sports while in the capital.