We Make Booking a Cheap Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Thames Easy
Use VroomVroomVroom to find the perfect campervan and motorhome hire in Thames. We partnered with New Zealand's most trusted RV and camper suppliers such as Britz, Maui, Apollo and Jucy. With just a few details put into our search engine we can show you the available motorhome and campervan rentals in Thames. There are strict laws around freedom camping in the Thames-Coromandel district, so give some thought to the places you want to stay. If you want to stay outside of commercial campgrounds, you will need to get a fully self-contained camper.
Explore the stunning coastline of the Coromandel Peninsula in a campervan
Thames is a gateway to the famous Coromandel Peninsula. It's a charming colonial town surrounded by magnificent lush forests and scenic coastline. Thames is a worthwhile stop on your road-trip, offering supermarkets, a shopping centre, and a lively Saturday market. There's plenty to see and do, so consider a night or two here before heading to the famous beaches further up the peninsula.
RV Rentals are available from the following locations across the country:
Top Campervan and Motorhome Campsites in Thames
- Dickson Holiday Park can be found on Victoria St, Tararu. Everything you desire for an unforgettable holiday is here at Dickson Holiday Park – all you need is to arrive and get a thrill out of this perfect family holiday spot.
- Tapu Motor Camp which is situated at Main Hwy 25, Tapu, Thames Coast, is at least 20 minutes drive from Thames and 40 minutes to Coromandel. Its facilities include two kitchens, compact and clean, with metered appliances and fridge/freezers, plus a variety of ablutions with two appealing disabled access suites and a lot of toilets and family showers. In addition, there are two automatic laundries and a dump station being offered.
- Te Puru Holiday Park is located at 473 Thames Coast Road. Does your family love nature or water sports? If your answer is yes, then the Te Puru Holiday Park is the right base camp for you. Take pleasure and enjoy the perfect mix of varying from character trams to modern caravans and campervan sites.
Attractions to see in Thames with a campervan
- Take a guided tour through the Thames Goldmine Experience, to see an operational 19th century stamper battery in one of the richest goldmines of the period. Part of the tour is underground, so wear sturdy shoes and bring your torch.
- Walk in the Kauaeranga Valley. This scenic valley has access paths formed by kauri logging, and is now overseen by the Department of Conservation. The most famous trail is the Pinnacles walk, which is an 8 hour round-trip. It can be done in a day, but is much better as an overnight, sleeping in the 80-bed hut, for a real adventure. There are several campgrounds in the Kauaeranga Valley accessible by campervan. Facilities are more basic than commercial campgrounds, but they offer great value and will put you right in the heart of New Zealand's natural beauty.
- Visit the Rapaura Watergardens, a garden of regional significance, spread over 64 acres of private estate.
- Ride the Hauraki Rail Trail, a cycleway linking the towns of Thames, Paeroa and Waihi.
- Take the scenic coast road to beaches such as Whangapoua and Matarangi. Make sure you stop at the Waiomu Bay playground and reserve, and get an ice cream or coffee from the store there. The Thames Coast road is narrow and windy; make sure you pull over when possible to let the traffic build-up pass you.
Read more about Thames:
Campervan Relocation Deals
Thames is the perfect location to rent a campervan or motorhome and embark on a road-trip around the Coromandel Peninsula, especially if its a one-way journey. Check out our Relocation Offers and score yourself a rental vehicle for as low as $1. How? When you help out companies transport their rentals, they hook you up with ridiculously low sometime even free deals. Get in quick, the list is updated as often as 12X daily.