Find a Reliable Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Auckland and Drive Comfortably
Hire a campervan in Auckland with VroomVroomVroom to take advantage of great deals with top suppliers. We partner with suppliers such as Apollo, Maui, Britz, Jucy and Real Value to provide you with reliable campervan rentals. We also compare campervan hire at Auckland International Airport. Simply fill in the search box above and a list of available campervans will be displayed.
See New Zealand's largest city with a cheap motorhome rental
Auckland, the City of Sails, is located between two harbours in a landscape dotted with volcanoes. The Waitemata Harbour is lined with bars and restaurants, with shopping for all budgets. Beaches are also easily accessible from Auckland, making it an ideal city to explore in a campervan. There are plenty of scenic camping spots located on the edge of the city.
- Why visit Auckland? There is a lot to see and do in Auckland. Explore one of the city's many museums, or take a ride to the top of the Sky Tower to enjoy magnificent views of Auckland.
- Why hire a campervan in Auckland? Auckland is a great city to start your North Island road trip. Not only are there plenty of attractions to explore in the city, nearby attractions such as the Bay of Islands and Rotorua are within easy reach.
Campervan rentals are also available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Stay in top holiday parks in and around Auckland
- Takapuna Beach Holiday Park is an iconic kiwi campground on the North Shore beachfront. The holiday park offers charming views of Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf. The park has easy access to the city.
- Remuera Motor Lodge is located at 16 Minto Road, and is the perfect inner-city camping ground. There are 50 campervan sites, with plenty of facilities and a swimming pool. Stay here to be close to local attractions like the Auckland Zoo, Vector Arena and Eden Park.
- Orua Bay Beach Motorcamp is a great getaway from the crowds of the city, but is still within easy reach of all the major attractions.
Top attractions in Auckland
- Sample some of the local cuisine: Auckland is not just the City of Sails, it is a city of cafes and culture. Visit some of the lovely restaurants in the Viaduct or Wynyard Quarter. Drive along the waterfront to Mission Bay and enjoy some traditional fish and chips on the beach.
- Explore the city centre: Auckland is the largest Polynesian city in the world, and the weekend markets in Otara and Avondale are the perfect place to soak up the island vibe. Learn about the history of the city at the stunning Auckland War Memorial Museum. If you like to shop, try the historic department store of Smith & Caughey in Queen Street, Auckland's main thoroughfare. The Victoria Park Market is great for craft, fashion and art.
- Travel to some of the North Island's popular tourist spots: Head west to find the black sand beaches of Piha and Muriwai. The waves can get wild, so be sure to stay in between the flags. Nearby Kumeu is wine country, and the artsy village of Titirangi is the gateway to the rainforests of the Waitakare ranges.
- Take the campervan to some stunning regional parks: Facilities might be basic compared to commercial campgrounds, but the location and views will be worth it at Tapapakanga, on the western shores of the Firth of Thames. The region has a pohutukawa fringed beach and a freshwater lagoon.
- Drive to see some of New Zealand's most well-known sites: From Auckland, it is an easy drive to the Bay of Islands, the Coromandel Peninsula or to the Hobbiton set in Matamata.
Read more about Auckland:
Campervan Relocation Deals
It is absolutely possible to travel in a rental vehicle for a dollar when you choose from the available relocation deals. The rates are ridiculously cheap as you would be helping campervan hire companies move their vehicles from one location to another. So for those travelling one-way, don't miss out! Check the list now as it gets updated at least twelve times a day.