Find the Best Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Christchurch Airport
Use VroomVroomVroom to find the best campervan and motorhome hire in Christchurch Airport at the most competitive price. We compare camper hire of all the main suppliers in Christchurch such as Apollo, Britz, Jucy and Maui. Enter your travel details into our user-friendly search engine, and we'll provide you with a list of all available RV deals. It's that simple! Don't spend hours on individual websites chasing down the best deal, let us do it for you! Find a reliable campervan rental in destinations across New Zealand.
Travelling the South Island of New Zealand? We can get you off to a smooth start
Christchurch and the surrounding district of Canterbury offers unparalleled recreational activities. A campervan is a great way to see all the best sights that Christchurch has to offer. Here are a few activities you shouldn't miss:
- In Christchurch you can go from an alpine ski resort, to world-class golf courses, to hot air ballooning or whale watching. This is why Christchurch Airport is the perfect location to rent a campervan . With a motorhome rental, you can go anywhere you want any time. Navigating your way around Christchurch Airport is easy as the international and domestic terminals are in adjoining buildings.
- Christchurch was devastated by severe earthquakes in 2010 and 2011. Much of the city is now back in business, but there is still rebuilding to be done. There is real energy and opportunity in the city, as its population debates the direction of the future, which makes for a unique visitor experience. For example, visit the Re:START mall, an experimental outdoor retail precinct made from shipping containers.
Campervan rentals are available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Best places to stay near Christchurch Airport
- North South Holiday Park is located just off State Highway 1 and is only a 5 minute-drive from the Christchurch Airport. There are several accommodation options to choose from including Park Motel units and backpacker units so you are sure to find a place to stay that will fit your budget.
- 219 on Johns Motel & Holiday Park offers low cost accommodation choices and is just 10 minutes away from the airport. The holiday park has direct access to The Groynes recreational area where guests can enjoy walking, playing with their dogs and watching ducks and swans at the ponds.
- Amber Kiwi Holiday Park & Motels is situated between Christchurch Airport and downtown Christchurch so you can have easy access to the CBD. The holiday park features two communal kitchens, laundry room, television room and barbeque area, Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi and showers.
Top attractions near Christchurch Airport
- Visit the International Antarctic Centre. You can rug up and experience a realistic Antarctic snow storm, hold on tight for a rough Hagglund ride, and hang out with the little blue penguins.
- Drive through the Orana Wildlife Park, New Zealand's only open range zoo, set on 80 hectares. You can hand feed a giraffe, travel through a lion reserve in a protective cage for the ultimate close encounter, or see New Zealand's only gorillas.
- Head over to Hokitika. It is a three hour drive over Arthur's Pass in the Southern Alps to the greenstone country of Hokitika on the West Coast.
- Take the waters in Hanmer Springs. Hanmer Springs is an alpine village just 90 minutes' drive from Christchurch, centred around a thermal pool and spa complex. It's close to skiing in winter, or have a blast on their water slides in summer.
- Drive to Lake Tekapo for Star Gazing. Lake Tekapo and Aoraki Mt Cook are part of the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, the largest in the world.