Search and compare the sharpest rental rates in Christchurch with VroomVroomVroom. We help find the ideal vehicle for your journey by comparing prices from a number of trusted suppliers throughout New Zealand.
|Vehicle Classes||Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, Fullsize, Premium, Wagon/Estate, Van, SUV |
|Number of Depots||4|
|Suppliers||Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty|
For the convenience of getting straight in your rental from the plane, book your vehicle directly from Christchurch Airport with a broad selection of vehicles across nine rental suppliers.
Christchurch is the gateway to the natural wonders of the South Island, including Lake Tekapo, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, and Wanaka. Here are some of our top tips for exploring Christchurch and New Zealand:
1. Christchurch’s grid layout means you can get to most places in no more than 20 minutes, but traffic can be dense, so be sure to take your time and make the most of the city’s abundance of parking stations and car lots.
2. Be aware of Christchurch’s peak hour traffic periods and plan accordingly. These are typically on weekdays between 6:30am and 8:30am, and from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
3. If you’re visiting from overseas, remember that you are required to drive on the left-hand side of the road in New Zealand.
4. The speed limit in built-up areas of the city is 50km/h, while most highways default at 100km/h. Always drive to the signposted speed limit and conditions of the road.
5. Make sure to fill up the tank prior to returning your vehicle; this will prevent additional refuelling fees from your supplier.
In June 2019, our customers paid between NZD $27 and NZD $89 per day for a hire car in Christchurch. Prices vary depending on vehicle type, time of year, and booking duration. For current rates in Christchurch, use our price comparison tool.
As per recent ratings by our customers, the highest-rated rental car in Queenstown is a Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tuscon, Nissan Xtrail, or similar.
Thrifty is the highest-rated rental car supplier in Christchurch according to recent ratings by our customers.
The drive from Christchurch Airport into the CBD takes around 20 minutes via Memorial Avenue.