Drive a First-Rate Campervan Hire and Motorhome Rental in Christchurch
A campervan rental in Christchurch is the perfect way to explore the South Island. At VroomVroomVroom, we make it easy to compare campervan rentals in locations around the country. We compare rates from top providers such as Apollo, Britz, Jucy, Maui and Real Value. We don't have any hidden charges, so the price you see is what you will pay.
Experience Christchurch in the comfort of a campervan rental
- Why visit Christchurch? Christchurch is experiencing a dramatic rebuilding process, which has led to the opening of many interesting attractions. Visit the re:START Mall in Cashel St, an outdoor retail precinct which has a market vibe, constructed from used shipping containers. Cathedral Square has now re-opened, and is showing off brand new art installations.
- Why hire a campervan in Christchurch? A campervan is an easy way to travel around the South Island. There are some great holiday parks near Christchurch, and modern campers also have efficient heating and first-class amenities, meaning you won't be forced to brave the elements while you travel.
Campervan rentals are also available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
What are the best holiday parks in Christchurch?
- Christchurch Top 10 Holiday Park: Located on the outskirts of the city, this is one of the top campsites in the Garden City. Fitted with all your typical necessary facilities and providing bonus extras such as a giant jumping pillow, playground, indoor heated pool, private spa, library and games room, this park has something for everyone.
- Amber Park: Awarded a Certificate of Excellence in 2014, this top ranking campsite is just 15 minutes from the CBD. The park offers kitchen, laundry and bathroom facilities as well as a playground and BBQ area.
- All Seasons Holiday Park: Ten minutes outside of central Christchurch, this cosy holiday park provides all the facilities you need, as well as a swimming pool, BBQ area and playground. Have a comfortable stay at this holiday park.
- John's Motel & Holiday Park: Just ten minutes north of Christchurch Airport is one of the top ranked holiday parks in the region. Located near the Groynes Recreational Reserve, the park has travel facilities, a playground and entertainment options.
- North South Holiday Park: Five minutes north of Christchurch Airport, find this holiday oasis lined with trees. The park caters to all your travel needs with laundry and kitchen facilities, plus the added bonus of outdoor swimming pools, and a children's playground.
What to do in Christchurch?
- Hanmer Springs: Take a day trip to the alpine resort town of Hanmer Springs. You can walk up Conical Hill for amazing views, then soak in the hot pools to recover.
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens: Located in central Christchurch, the Botanic Gardens are a fascinating place to explore. Discover many different plant species, including many that are native to New Zealand.
- Go for a longer trip: Christchurch is the gateway to the South Island, and there is plenty to discover with a campervan. Visit the stunning Lake Tekapo, and see the stars from Mt St John Observatory. Methven and the Mt Hutt ski area is also a popular route from Christchurch. A side trip to Aoraki Mt Cook is also worthwhile.
Campervan Relocation Deals
More about Christchurch:
Why is Christchurch called the Garden City?
Christchurch earned its title as the "Garden City" because of the many botanical spaces and gardens in the region. There are many green spaces along the beautiful Avon River, and the popular Hagley Park features the city's Botanic Gardens.
When was the Christchurch earthquake? How has the city been rebuilt?
The Christchurch earthquake occurred in February, 2011, causing much destruction to the city. Since then, the people of Christchurch have been hard at work rebuilding their city, taking the opportunity to create a number of new tourist attractions, like the temporary Re-Start Mall made from container crates.
Looking for more information on Christchurch?