Find the Best Motorhome and Campervan Hire in Christchurch
A campervan rental in Christchurch is the perfect way to explore the South Island. At VroomVroomVroom, we make it easy to compare motorhome and campervan hire deals in locations around the country. We compare rates from top providers such as Apollo, Britz, Jucy, Maui and Real Value. You can now easily find the best camper or RV in Christchurch in just a few minutes.
Experience Christchurch in the comfort of a campervan rental
Christchurch is sometimes known as "The Garden City", and as the home of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens and Hagley Park is is not difficult to see why. For the more adventurous, test your courage by trying out the aerial obstacle course at the Adrenalin Forest. Alternatively, get a dose of full-throttle action by riding the Jet Thrills through the Waimakariri Regional Park. This is also the perfect base to enjoy a road trip to Arthur's Pass and other awesome destinations.
Campervan rentals are also available from the following locations across the country:
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Best holiday parks in Christchurch
- Christchurch Top 10 Holiday Park: Located on the outskirts of the city, this is one of the top campsites in the Garden City. Fitted with all your typical necessary facilities and providing bonus extras such as a giant jumping pillow, playground, indoor heated pool, private spa, library and games room, this park has something for everyone.
- Amber Park: Awarded a Certificate of Excellence in 2014, this top ranking campsite is just 15 minutes from the CBD. The park offers kitchen, laundry and bathroom facilities as well as a playground and BBQ area.
- All Seasons Holiday Park: Ten minutes outside of central Christchurch, this cosy holiday park provides all the facilities you need, as well as a swimming pool, BBQ area and playground. Have a comfortable stay at this holiday park.
- John's Motel & Holiday Park: Just ten minutes north of Christchurch Airport is one of the top ranked holiday parks in the region. Located near the Groynes Recreational Reserve, the park has travel facilities, a playground and entertainment options.
- North South Holiday Park: Five minutes north of Christchurch Airport, find this holiday oasis lined with trees. The park caters to all your travel needs with laundry and kitchen facilities, plus the added bonus of outdoor swimming pools, and a children's playground.
Top attractions in Christchurch
- Hanmer Springs: Take a day trip to the alpine resort town of Hanmer Springs. You can walk up Conical Hill for amazing views, then soak in the hot pools to recover.
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens: Located in central Christchurch, the Botanic Gardens are a fascinating place to explore. Discover many different plant species, including many that are native to New Zealand.
- Go for a longer trip: Christchurch is the gateway to the South Island, and there is plenty to discover with a campervan. Visit the stunning Lake Tekapo, and see the stars from Mt St John Observatory. Methven and the Mt Hutt ski area is also a popular route from Christchurch. A side trip to Aoraki Mt Cook is also worthwhile.