Find and Book a Cheap Car Rental in Palmerston North Airport
VroomVroomVroom can give you access to great car hire deals at Palmerston North Airport. We compare rental cars from trusted brands including Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, Thrifty and Redspot.
One of the best ways to discover central New Zealand is to rent a car at Palmerston North Airport. Explore 'Palmy' and more exciting destinations on the North Island with your hire car. Palmerston North Airport is the seventh busiest airport in New Zealand, handling 40 commercial flights each day to destinations like Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Nelson. The airport operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, making it a hub for the NZ Post and Air Freight NZ.
The airport is experiencing significant increases in visitor numbers with Jetstar also offering flights in competition with Air New Zealand. There are extension projects underway in the carpark and departures and arrival lobbies to help cope with the extra travellers. The airport caters to other aircraft such as the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737, as well as business jets.
Why book a hire car at Palmerston North Airport with us?
- Easy booking system: Using our system to book a hire car at Palmerston North Airport will take you less than five minutes.
- Choice of vehicles: By booking in advance you will get a wider range of vehicle options at the best prices. We are partnered with New Zealand's most trusted rental car suppliers such as Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Budget and Europcar.
- Lowest rates: A great advantage of booking a car hire through VroomVroomVroom is knowing that you get the cheapest rate. Our Price Promise guarantees you the lowest car rental rates.
- No booking or cancellation fees: If your travel plans change, you can cancel or modify your booking anytime.
- Customer care: Reach out to our customer care experts ready to help via phone call, email or live chat. They will be happy to answer any questions you have about hire cars at Palmerston North Airport.
Driving tips at Palmerston North Airport
Use Palmy as a base for exploring the lower North Island
Palmerston North is the main centre of the greater Manawatu Region. It has excellent links to other parts of the lower North Island, such as Masterton, Wellington, Hawkes Bay and Whanganui. Palmerston North is a vibrant city with a high student population.
Victoria Esplanade is a 19 hectare park that runs alongside the Manawatu River in the centre of the city. You can enjoy bird aviaries, a miniature railway, or stop to smell the bouquets in the Dugald McKenzie Rose Garden. If you are active, grab a hire bike from the Palmerston North i-site, and explore 22 kilometres of cycleway along the Manawatu River Pathway.
Horse Power at Manfield Park
If you are a motor-racing or equestrian sport enthusiastic, check out the event schedule at Manfield Park, the longest motor racing circuit with uninterrupted views in the Southern Hemisphere. It's an increasingly popular venue for equestrian eventing and New Zealand Pony Club events too.
The cultural heart of Palmerston North, Te Manawa is an art, science and history museum. The stunning stained glass windows in Te Manawa are just one of the highlights on the Palmerston North Art and Sculpture Trail.
VroomVroomVroom can tell you how to see a slice of real New Zealand life; visit the New Zealand Rugby Museum, or head to the nearby Manawatu country town of Fielding. Try to make it on a Friday, when you can book in for a guided tour of the Fielding sale yards and watch sheep and cattle auctions. Don't forget to finish with a bit of kiwi cuisine, a steak and cheese pie from a local dairy (that's a convenience store!)