Finding a Reliable Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Nelson is Now Fast and Easy
Find the perfect motorhome and campervan hire in Nelson for your New Zealand road trip. VroomVroomVroom compares great deals in locations across the country. Our simple search engine will generate a list of all available RV and camper rentals in Nelson, comparing top brands such as Apollo, Britz, Maui and Jucy. This will save you time from checking out different websites as you can see all available campervan rentals in Nelson.
Find a great campervan rental in Nelson
Rich in stunning scenic views, popular for its vibrant local arts scene, and famous for high sunshine hours; Nelson is a great place to hire a campervan. Whether you want to stay near the city centre or by the beach, you'll have tons of attractions to choose from: unique galleries and museums, three popular national parks to hike, beautiful white sand beaches to take a dip in, 25 award winning wineries to taste test, and 50 of the best mountain biking tracks in New Zealand to shred. To find out about more incredible places to visit in Nelson by RV rental, check out our Nelson Guide.
View New Zealand Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
Campervan and Motorhome Campsites near and within Nelson
Nelson City Holiday Park. The perfect base to explore Nelson, Abel Tasman National Park, and Golden Bay is Nelson City Holiday Park because of its central location. It is just a few minutes away from amazing attractions including Natureland Zoo, The Nelson Market, and Founders Heritage Park. They offer an array of accommodation ranging from small tents to spacious living units. The holiday park has a TV room which also has internet and Skype for those who want to get in touch with their loved ones back home.
Richmond TOP 10 Holiday Park & Motel. If you are a shopaholic, then you will love the Richmond TOP 10 Holiday Park & Motel because the new mall is just 5 minutes away on foot. You can also hop in your campervan hire and have a short drive going to the downtown area and visit some of the main attractions in the city including the Jubilee Park, Saxton Sports Field, and The Aquatic Centre. The Qualmark 4-star rated property offers powered sites, cabins, motel rooms, and self-contained unites.
The Barn Backpackers and Campground. Harvey Rd, Marahau. Friendly spot, closest to the Abel Tasman National Park. Closest accommodation to the Abel Tasman National Park, this friendly backpackers and campground has a relaxed vibe. Two kitchen areas,large deck with pool table, outdoor fireplace, sea views and children's playground.
Popular things to do on your Nelson Road Trip
- Head to Marahau, gateway to the beautiful Abel Tasman Park, where you can tramp or sea-kayak. Park the camper at The Barn Backpackers and Campground. Many of the activities in the Abel Tasman involve overnights, but you can easily do day trips, using water taxi services to move you quickly from point to point, if you don't want to be away from your campervan.
- Check out sunspots along the coast such as Motueka, Pohara and Kaiteriteri beach. The colours are stunning in this part of New Zealand; the sand really is golden, and the water aquamarine.
- Hops are a favourite Nelson region export. Check out craft breweries, such as Liquid Alchemy, and The Hop Foundation Brewery.
- Mountain bike the Heaphy Track, in Kahurangi National Park during the winter months.
- Get a feed of smoked mussels or fish and chips at The Smokehouse on Mapua Wharf. If it is Friday night, take them across the road to the Rimu Wine Bar, and eat them with a glass of local Riesling and listen to some live music.
Campervan Relocation Deals
Perfectly located at the top of the South Island, Nelson is the perfect place to commence a one-way road trip and when you can get a campervan rental for as little as $1, you'll be crazy not to check our Relocation Deals. Help our rental companies transport their vehicles to the needed depot and score yourself a great deal while getting to where you wanted to go in the first place.
Read more about exploring New Zealand in a campervan here.