Book a Motorhome and Campervan Hire at Auckland International Airport Today
Rent a motorhome from Auckland International Airport to kick off your North Island adventure. VroomVroomVroom compares campervan hire at Auckland Airport from top RV suppliers such as Apollo, Britz, Maui and Jucy. You can also search for camper rentals in other locations in Auckland.
Useful information on Auckland International Airport
Auckland Airport is New Zealand's largest and busiest international airport, making it the perfect location to start your tour of New Zealand. With good motorway links to popular North Island attractions such as the Bay of Islands and Rotorua, renting a campervan is the best way to travel in New Zealand.
- Why visit Auckland? The city is located between two harbours; the Waitemata and the Manukau. With parks, museums and an aquarium, there is plenty to see and do.
- Why rent a campervan at Auckland Airport? A campervan rental makes travel easy. Our booking engine ensures that you get the perfect camper for your trip at the best possible price by comparing rates from trusted suppliers. Start planning your road trip of the North Island.
See some great attractions with a campervan hire from Auckland Airport
- Take the southern route to Rotorua: Heading south from Auckland Airport to the fascinating town of Rotorua, boasting geothermal pools and plenty of Maori culture.
- Camp on Waiheke Island: With the ferry departing from Half Moon Bay in East Auckland, self-contained campervans can stay at the Poukaraka Flats Campground in the Whakanewha Regional Park. Enjoy the playground of the rich and famous.
- Head west to Piha: See the famous black sand beaches Muriwai and Piha, and make a few stops along the way in the Kumeu wine country.
- Visit Takapuna Beach: Visit the naval village of Devonport, and enjoy lunch in one of the cafes along Takapuna Beach. You can also visit the popular Bay of Islands region.
- Drive the Seabird Coastal Route to the Coromandel: From Auckland city, head south-east to the rural village of Clevedon, where you can visit the local farmers market. The road to the scenic Coromandel Peninsula will also take you by Tapakanga Regional Park, Miranda Hot Springs and the historical mining town of Thames.
Popular campgrounds and caravan parks near Auckland Airport
- Ambury Park: This regional park features sites for campervans. Book in advance via the Auckland City Council, and get ready to walk on the foreshore of the Manukau Harbour and wake up with the animals on this working farm.
- Takapuna Beach Holiday Park: This popular campground is located right on the beach, with views of Auckland's famous Rangitoto volcanic island. It is a 45-minute drive from the airport.
- Clarkes Beach Holiday Park: Situated on the Manukau Harbour, 40 minutes from Auckland International Airport, this holiday park offers convenient transport links to the city.
- Rama Rama Country Holiday Park: This is the closest park to the airport, located just 25 minutes away. The park has powered sites and a seasonal outdoor swimming pool.
Read more about Auckland
$1 One-way Campervan and Motorhome Relocation Deals
No, we are not kidding! You can hire a campervan or motorhome for just $1 when you help our suppliers move vehicles from one place to another. Click here to find yourself a great relocation deal.