Car Rental Price Inclusions Guide
When you book a rental car in New Zealand, there will be certain taxes and charges that are already included in the cost. The inclusions and exclusions may be slightly different depending on which car rental company and which location you are hiring your car from. Feel free to contact our Customer Care Team to find out what is included and what is excluded from your rate.
What taxes and charges are generally included in my car rental rate?
When you book a rental car in New Zealand with VroomVroomVroom, the price will generally include:
- GST, airport taxes and any applicable premium location fees.
- Basic insurance cover (Loss Damage Waiver). An excess amount will still apply, which renters are liable to pay if any damage is caused to the vehicle.
- Any relevant one-way fees.
What is not included in the price?
Here is a list of some of the general exclusions from your car rental rate:
- Excess reduction products which can be purchased at the counter to protect your financial liability.
- Optional extras such as child seats and GPS.
- Passenger costs for the Interislander Ferry. Note that vehicles are not permitted on the ferry.
- Any applicable credit card fees.
Read more important information to know before you book.