Thrifty Terms & Conditions - Summary of Key Points
This summary has been prepared by VroomVroomVroom.com.au as a guideline to alert you to the key inclusions, exclusions, requirements and other terms and conditions which may apply when renting from this supplier. Customers will be required to accept Thrifty Rental terms when collecting the vehicle.
**All rates in NZD below **
This quote includes:
- G.S.T, Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- Stamp duty
- Basic insurance cover (ADE) for cars (not specialty cars, 4WD's, people movers, luxury models) subject to an Accident Damage Excess of $3450* inc GST for standard vehicles - $4025* including GST for specialty vehicles. Accident Excess Reduction cover can be purchased separately upon arrival.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited)
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
This quote will not include:
- Any customer who chooses to pay by credit card will be required to pay a 2% credit card fee. The credit card or debit card must be in the name of the authorised renter.
- Accident Excess Reduction can be purchased at the time of arrival for $29.90* per day, $35.65* per day for specialty fleet including GST. Accident Excess Reduction reduces the excess to $345* inc GST for standard vehicle classes or $575* inc GST for specialty fleet.
- Additional Driver Surcharge of $11.50 inc GST per driver
- Child Seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for $51.75* inc GST per item per rental)
- An age surcharge for drivers aged between 21-24 years will incur an Underage Surcharge of $17.25* inc GST per day.
- GPS $11.50* inc GST per day. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Extra kilometres (if your rental is limited) at 29c* per km inc GST.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
- Multi-island bookings can be booked as a continuous rental meeting the terms below. However at each crossing, the changeover vehicle rental will incur a $46* ferry terminal fee.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price.
AIRPORT PICKUP: IMPORTANT
Accurate Flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. Correct flight and contact details are a requirement of suppliers to guarrantee the reservation. Delays will occur if the incorrect details are added to the reservation - and some suppliers will not hold the reservation longer that 1 hour unless notified.
Hint: if you are delayed - visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
- The minimum rental age is 21 years. There is no maximum age. All drivers must hold a valid full driving licence, which has been held for at least one year.
- A current international driving licence or accurate English translation must accompany driving licences issued in a language other than English.
Rates are based on a minimum rental period of one day (24-hours from the time the rental starts). At Thrifty we allow a 59-minute grace period, after which an extra hour is charged at one fifth the daily rate, to a maximum of four hours after which a full day will be charged.
Payment for the total estimated rental cost and any sundry charges such as GPS units, must be made at the commencement of hire. Payment can be made by debit card or any major credit card. A credit card surcharge of 1.9% will be applied to any credit card transaction on all reservations.
Credit cards must be in the name of the main hirer. In addition to this all rentals paid by credit card require a bond to be provided in the form of a credit card imprint. Debit cards must not be the prepaid style, and require the rental + excess + $250.00 fuel bond as deposit.
Thrifty Excess Reduction Guide
VroomVroomVroom.co.nz does not sell protection products or excess reduction packages, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Thrifty.
- Get it cheaper with 1cover.co.nz or for Aussies www.1cover.com.au/
- Standard Liability $3450* - $4025* including GST
- Excess reduction - from $29.90* ($35.65* for specialty fleet) inc GST per day.
This package reduces your liability to $345* inc GST or $575* inc GST for specialty fleet.
- Total Protection Package - from $35.65* ($41.40* for specialty fleet) inc GST per day.
This will reduce excess to nil.
- Varies by age of renter, location, type of vehicle and rate.
Minimum rental age and other requirements for additional drivers will be the same as for the renter. Additional drivers must be listed on the rental agreement. Additional Driver Surcharge of $11.50* inc GST per driver.
Airport/Ferry Terminal Service Charges
Rentals initiated by or commencing from airports or Inter islander ferry terminal locations are subject to a nominal Airport/Ferry Service Charge (AFSC).
Accident Damage Excess (ADE)
ADE applies to all rentals. This excess may be reduced (at the renter's option) at the time of rental by purchasing Accident Excess Reduction (AER). The rates of ADE are subject to change without notice, but current rates range from $3450* - $4025* including GST
Accident Excess Reduction (AER)
Purchase of AER at time of hire reduces the ADE to between $345* -$575*.
The renter will be fully liable for any damage to the Thrifty vehicle and any third party property, if the terms and conditions of the rental agreement are breached.
Motor Vehicle Insurance
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance including third party and public liability is included in Thrifty's rates and an Accident Damage Excess (ADE) does apply. This excess may be reduced at the time of rental by purchasing either Accident Excess Reduction (AER) or Total Protection Package (TPP).
Irrespective of any excess reduction purchased the customer will be fully liable for any damage to the Thrifty vehicle and any third party property, if the terms and conditions of the rental agreement are breached.
Thrifty vehicles are prohibited from the following roads:
- North Island: Ninety-Mile Beach (Northland)
- South Island: Skippers Canyon Road (Queenstown)
- Driving on these roads constitutes a breach of the rental agreement and the renter would be fully liable for any damage to the Thrifty vehicle or Third party property occurring as a result.
Fuel is not included in our rates. Each vehicle is supplied with a full tank of fuel, which is refilled at the renter's expense on return. If the vehicle is not returned with a full tank, the renter will be charged for the fuel required to refill the tank at applicable Thrifty rates at the time.
Inter Island Travel
All multi-island hires (rentals covering both islands) must have a minimum of 3 days rental on any one way sector in each island or a $562.50* one way fee will apply to the hire. ie; A 6 day Auckland to Christchurch booking must have 3 days in the north island and 3 days in the south island.
Please note that multi-island hires require return of vehicles when crossing between the islands at Wellington in the North Island or Picton in the South Island and collecting a subsequent vehicle upon arrival in the other island. We will contact you to confirm your island crossover dates.
NB: There are occasions where some clients wish to retain the use of one vehicle for a two-island visit. This is permissible, but the client must pay for any inter-island transportation costs for the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned to a Thrifty location within the same island that the rental commenced or additional charges will apply.
GPS Units, Snow Chains, Ski Racks and baby seats are available for hire at an additional daily cost. Book these in advance with your reservation consultant to ensure availability. These items are the customers' responsibility and are not covered by vehicle insurance and charges will apply for lost or damaged items.
GPS Satellite Navigation Units – tired of getting lost?
Find maps too big, busy or difficult to deal with when you are driving in unfamiliar territory? Take the hassle out of trying to decide on the best route to take with a Navman GPS Satellite Navigation unit. The Navman is so easy to use – simply choose your language, type in your destination and let the Navman guide you there by the quickest route available.
The Navman is available to hire from Auckland, Wellington, Picton, Christchurch at $11.50* including GST per day (discounted weekly and monthly rates also available)
Greymouth Railway Station - Meet and Greet (depot mobile phone number 029 777 0263)
- Meet and Greet at the Railway Station platform for customers off the train
- Meet and Greet for other customers by arrangement
- 5 x Car parks located at Railway Hotel within 100m of the Railway Station platform
- Customers are walked from the Railway Station platform to the Railway Hotel car park (less than 1 min), where all paperwork is completed, if wet Thrifty has the use of a lounge room at the hotel, mobile eftpos available
- Drop off is at Railway Hotel car park and keys taken to the Railway Station counter and handed over to the Railway Station staff-Thrifty staff will collect keys from this counter
- Customers can use the I-site phone by pushing the Thrifty number displayed and this will divert to the depot number