Europcar Terms & Conditions - Summary of Key Points
This summary has been prepared by VroomVroomVroom.com.au as a guideline to alert you to the key inclusions, exclusions, requirements and other terms and conditions which may apply when renting from this supplier. Customers will be required to accept Europcar Rental terms when collecting the vehicle.
This quote includes:
- Stamp duty
- Basic liability cover (DLF) for cars (not specialty cars, 4WD's, people movers, luxury models) with an excess of $4025* -$5865* NZD inc GST. Damage Liability fee can be reduced further with optional cover. Details below. This cover can be purchased separately upon arrival
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited)
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- All local surcharges and tax pertaining to the base car rental cost, eg. vehicle drop fees, premium location fees, administration fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Collision damage waiver to reduce damage liability fee from standard of $4025* - $5865* From 27.60* per day inc GST. Please see our Damage Liability Fee Guide (below) for further details.
- Age surcharge of $28.75* per day inc GST, for drivers aged 21yr to 24 yr
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited, the limit cannot be extended and each km will be charged at $0.29* inc GST)
- Child Seats or booster seats (can be added to the booking after confirmation for $14.95* capped at $74.75* per rental (5 days) inc GST)
- Additional drivers fees charged at $3.60* inc GST per day per driver per rental, maximum $50.40* inc GST
- Snow coverage where allowed (see below for details)
- GPS $13.80* per day inc GST - Capped at 10 days $138.00*
- Credit card charges will incur a surcharge of 1.3% Mastercard and Visa, 3.4% Amex (inc GST).
- For smaller Airports without Europcar Counters a Meet & Greet Service is provided. A fee of $28.75* inc GST will apply
- Hastings Delivery Fee - this location is serviced by Napier and a $28.75* inc GST fee will apply to all bookings. Remote Location Surcharge of $34.50* inc GST applies to Greymouth for pick-up only.
- Security deposit where applicable - see below terms and conditions - Payments terms vary for credit cards and debit Visa/Mca (if accepted)
- Extra's accepted are exclusive of the local depot surcharges. These local surcharges are made up of Premium Location fee, Administration fee and Credit card surcharge
* Optional extra's will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Important notes about your Booking:
Modifying your booking:
May change the original quoted price. For details on how to modify your booking please click the 'My Booking' tab above.
Accurate flight Details and Flight arrival time are extremely important. Correct details are a requirement of suppliers to guarrantee the reservation. Delays will occur if the incorrect details are added to the reservation. Europcar policy is to offer a 2 hour holding procedure. Further delays need to be advised by contacting Europcar on 1300 13 13 90 to ensure the reservation is held. Hint: if you are delayed - visit the counter of the supplier at your departing airport.
Dunedin Airport - location will be available for flights arriving between 6pm and 10pm daily on request only for a charge of NZ$35*.
New Plymouth Airport - location will be available for flights arriving between 5pm and 10pm Mon-Fri, 12pm and 5pm Sat & 7.30am and 5pm Sun on request only for a charge of NZ$35*
Picton Ferry Terminal - Pickup between 6PM & 9:30PM are on request only for an additional charge of NZ$35*
Contact Number: A mobile, or landline is mandatory for confirmation. Europcar Staff will need this to contact you if your arrival is delayed. Incorrect information may jeopardise your reservation.
Qualifications and Requirements
All renters must have a valid credit card and must be presented on collection.
Europcar Australasia accepts all recognised major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Card. The credit card used for payment of the rental must be in the renter's name. The renter's signature must appear on the back of the card. Credit Card charges will incur a surcharge of 2.185% (Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa, Diners Club and American Express) inc GST.
These are credit cards produced by China with co-operation from Visa. All card numbers will be 16 digit long.
- The China Union Pay logo is a red / blue / green striped logo and will be found on the front of the card
- The Visa Credit card logo is the standard silver hologram of the Visa 'Dove', this can be found either on the front or back of the Credit card. This hologram indicates to staff that the card is a “credit” card. Debit cards do not have the hologram. Debit cards are NOT accepted by Europcar at this time.
- The standard Visa logo will be located on the front of the card and is the word “VISA” in blue and gold.
- Unembossed cards.
- CUP cards that begin with 6, 9 or 8. (yet)
- Any other co-branded cards from MasterCard or Amex (yet).
- Single branded CUP cards (yet) see examples below.
- Driver's licence must be valid for the period of rental and must be in English.
- Probationary licences are not acceptable nor are photocopies.
- Europcar Australasia accepts all international drivers' licences when accompanied with a licence of origin.
- Photocopies of credit cards are not acceptable as ID
Age Requirements & Additional Drivers
A customer must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible to rent a car from Europcar Australasia and must carry a full licence (not probationary). However, there are restrictions for renters under the age of 25.
- 21-24yr olds must be a credit card holder
- 21-24yr olds must pay Age Surcharge of $28.75* NZD per day inc GST (not capped)
- Drivers Aged 21-22 cannot reduce their Damage Liability, however they can purchase WHT
- Drivers Aged 21- 24 can only rent the following vehicles economy and standard intermediate to fullsize vehicles
- A minimum age of 25 yrs is required for the some luxury/prestige vehicles - these will not display in the car comparison. The age is entered into VroomVroomVroom.co.nz on the home page.
When collecting the vehicle each driver must be listed on the Rental Agreement and they must present their drivers licence at time of collection. An additional driver is charged at $3.60* per day, per driver inc GST capped at 14 days.
Multi Island Travel - Ferry Information Fees
- Although the client leaves their vehicle in each Island, we treat an 'Auckland to Christchurch', or vise versa, hire as a two leg booking. One way booking is allowed online but you are required to call reservations at least 72 hours prior to ferry schedule so Europcar can have the car ready when you reach the other side of the island.Peak times such as Christmas and Easter - it is advised the changeover day is reported as early as possible.
- Clients check on to the ferry in a very similar fashion to an airplane. The baggage is checked on and they board the ferry.
- They drop their first car at the end of one Island and pick-up a new car in the other Island. (This saves the client at least $250 (NZD) to transport car.
- A fresh vehicle is provided when clients disembark the ferry on the other side.
- If the car is taken across on the Ferry all repositioning fees will be passed onto the client directly. If you choose to transfer the vehicle between islands a relocation fee of NZD $350.00* plus GST will be charged.
- Only one security deposit will be required - Europcar will not ask the driver for another security deposit for the second leg.
Driving Restrictions - where you can and cannot drive
1 You must only use the Vehicle on a surface which is sealed and which is not in an area or in a use excluded in 2.
2 In New Zealand you must not drive or take on the following roads:
- a) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook);
- b) Skippers (Queenstown);
- c) 90 mile beach (Northland);
- d) All roads north of Colville on the Coromandel Penninsula, the Tapu to Coroglen road (all parts east of Rapaura Gardens), the 309 road from Coromandel to Kairnarama and the Blackjack Road from Kuatuna and Opito.
- e) On the following Highways on the South Island between the hours of 2200 and 0600 (local time) from the 1st June until 30th October:-
i)State Highway 6 between Twizel and Queenstown;ii)The Milford Road between Te Anau and Milford Sound;iii)The west coast road between Franz Joseph and Wanaka; andiv)Arthur's Passv)on beaches or through streams, dams, rivers, or flood waters;vi)on flood prone roads or any roadway where the Police or any other Government authority have issued a warning or caution.
- Europcar Australasia provides Baby Capsules (Birth to approx 9 months), Baby Seats (approx 9 months to approx 3 years) and Booster Seats (approx 3 years+).
- Baby seats are required to be pre-booked to ensure supply upon arrival. The cost is $14.95* capped at $74.75* per rental (5 days) inc GST.
- Europcar New Zealand can provide portable GPS Units which can be fitted to any passenger or commercial vehicle. Subject to availibility and only in all major cities and airports locations.
- GPS units are $12.59* inc GST per day to a maximum of $125.90* (maximum charge 10 days) inc GST and may be taken one way with a $200* +GST drop off fee.
- The GPS unit cost is also subject to Premium Location Surcharge, Admin and credit card fee where applicable
Remote Location Surcharge
Remote Location Surcharge of $34.50* inc GST applies to Greymouth for pick-up only.
Europcar Damage Liability Fee and optional coverage
VroomVroomVroom.co.nz do not sell protection products, therefore any quotes/enquiries MUST be directed to Europcar. These products are available at the pickup of your vehicle. Rates for protection products are inclusive of GST, exclusive of the local depot surcharges. These local surcharges are made up of Premium Location fee, Administration fee and Credit card surcharge. See below for details of cover options
Am I covered? When hiring a vehicle in New Zealand the Renter is liable for damage to the vehicle and third party property.
In the event of an accident, loss or damage to the vehicle or third party property, a Damage Liability Fee (DLF) will be charged for New Zealand rentals. This fee is charged regardless of who is at fault or the amount of damage. If the loss or damage is ultimately less then the DLF, part of the DLF will be refunded.
The customer can reduce the above Damage Liability Fee by paying a supplementary fee at time of pickup.
|ECMR, CDMR, CDAR, IDAR, IWAR, ICAR SDAR, FDAR, CFAR, IGAR, IFAR, SFAR||FFAR, PVAR, XVAR, SFBR, KPGS, KPLW||HCMR, HCAR, HSAF,GFDR, RZDR, JFAR, JDAF||JDAR, PDAR, GDAR, PFAR, LFGD, GSAF, USAF, UTAF|
|AMOUNT PER DAY||LIABILITY||AMOUNT PER DAY||LIABILITY||AMOUNT PER DAY||LIABILITY||AMOUNT PER DAY||LIABILITY|
|Damage Liability Fee (DLF)||Included in rate||$4,255.00*||Included in rate||$5,060.00*||Included in rate||$5,430.00*||Included in rate||$7,130.00*|
|Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)||$29.90*||$1,150.00*||$34.50*||$1,150.00*||$34.50*||$1,725.00*||$34.50*||$2,300.00|
|Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)||$34.50*||$575.00*||$40.25*||$575.00*||$41.40*||$862.50*||$41.98*||$862.50*|
|Go Zen 1-3 days||$44.85||NIL||N/A||N/A||$47.15||NIL||N/A||N/A|
|Go Zen 4-6 days||$42.55||NIL||N/A||N/A||$43.70||NIL||N/A||N/A|
|Go Zen 7-10 days||$39.10||NIL||N/A||N/A||$41.40||NIL||N/A||N/A|
|Go Zen 11-15 days||$34.50||NIL||N/A||N/A||$36.80||NIL||N/A||N/A|
|Go Zen 16+ days||$23.00||NIL||N/A||N/A||$25.30||NIL||N/A||N/A|
|Snow Cover||$8.05||Refer to Terms & Conditions for driving areas||$8.05||Refer to Terms & Conditions for driving areas||$8.05||Refer to Terms & Conditions for driving areas||$8.05||Refer to Terms & Conditions for driving areas|
|Sipp Guide **Or Similar list below.
As models change regulary this is a guide only. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
|Car Code||**Model Example (or similar)||Group||Car Code||**Model Example (or similar)||Group|
|CDMR||HOLDEN BARINA MANUAL||Compact||FFAR||FORD TERRITORY AWD||Fullsize|
|CFAR||SUZUKI VITARA AWD||Compact||FFAR||TOYOTA HIGHLANDER AWD||Fullsize|
|CFAR||HOLDEN TRAX 2WD||Compact||PVAR||KIA CARNIVAL DIESEL||Premium|
|ECMR||HOLDEN SPARK MANUAL||Economy||PVAR||HYUNDAI IMAX 8 SEATER||Premium|
|ICAR||HOLDEN COMMODORE||Fullsize||SFBR||FORD RANGER 4WD AUTOMATIC
|ICAR||VW GOLF||Intermediate||XVAR||TOYOTA COMMUTER 12 SEATER||Special|
|IDAR||TOYOTA COROLLA||Intermediate||XZAR||MYSTERY CAR||Special|
|IFAR||SKODA SCOUT AWD||Intermediate||GDAR||HOLDEN COMMODORE SS||Fullsize Elite|
|IFAR||NISSAN X-TRAIL||Intermediate||GSAF||HOLDEN COMMODORE SS-V REDLINE V8
|IFAR||TOYOTA RAV4 AWD||Intermediate||LFGD||MERCEDES BENZ GLE 250D (INC. GPS)||Luxury|
|IGAR||NISSAN X-TRAIL 2WD||Intermediate||PDAR||MERCEDES BENZ C200 (INC. GPS)||Premium|
|IGAR||NISSAN QASHQAI 2WD||Intermediate||PFAR||TOYOTA PRADO 4WD
|IGAR||HOLDEN CAPTIVA 2WD||Intermediate||PFAR||VW TOUAREG (INC. GPS)
|IGAR||TOYOTA RAV4 2WD||Intermediate||USAF||FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK
|IWAR||TOYOTA COROLLA WAGON||Intermediate||UTAF||FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE
|SDAR||TOYOTA COROLLA SEDAN||Standard|
|SFAR||HOLDEN CAPTIVA 7 AWD||Standard|
|GFDR||VOLVO XC60 AWD (INC. GPS)||Fullsize Elite|
|JDAF||VW GOLF GTI||Intermediate Elite|
|JDAR||MERCEDES BENZ A180 (INC. GPS)||Intermediate Elite|
|JFAR||BMW X3 (INC.GPS)||Intermediate Elite|
|RZDR||VOLVO V60 AWD WITH BIKE
|HSAF||MINI COOPER S||Economy Elite|
- Standard Damage Liability Fee - $4255*
- Collision Damage Waiver - from $29.90* per day.This package reduces the Damage Liability fee to $1150*. Standard cover option which reduces the Damage Liability Fee to the amount displayed in the rental agreement but never to nil and does not include cover protection for windscreen, wheels and iridescences (WWI)
- SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) from $34.50* per day - This package reduces the Damage Liability Fee to $575*. Does not include cover protection for windscreen, wheels and iridescences (WWI)
- GOZEN* Includes SCDW + WWI (formerly know as Super Peace of Mind SPOM). from $41.40* per day. Available for passenger and small AWD vehicles. Premium cover option, reduces the Damage Liability Fee to nil. Includes Windscreen, Wheels and Iridescences (WWI).
- Standard Damage Liability Fee - $5060**
- Collision Damage Waiver - from $34.50** per day.This package reduces the Damage Liability fee to $1150* Standard cover option which reduces the Damage Liability Fee to the amount displayed in the rental agreement but never to nil and does not include cover protection for windscreen, wheels and iridescences (WWI)
- SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) from $40.25*per day, this package reduces the Damage Liability fee to $575
- GOZEN* Includes SCDW + WWI (formerly know as Super Peace of Mind SPOM). From $46* per day, this package reduces the Damage Liability fee to $0. Includes Windscreen, Wheels and Iridescences (WWI).
- Standard Damage Liability Fee - $5430* Prestige 4WD
- Standard Damage Liability Fee - $7130*
- Collision Damage Waiver - from $34.50* per day. This package reduces the Damage Liability fee to $1725* Standard cover option which reduces the Damage Liability Fee to the amount displayed in the rental agreement but never to nil and does not include cover protection for windscreen, wheels and iridescences (WWI)
- SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) - $41.40* per day - This package reduces the Damage Liability Fee to $862.50* Standard cover option as above plus for an extra few dollars your Damage Liability Fee is reduced further. Does not include cover protection for windscreen, wheels and iridescences (WWI)
- GOZEN* Includes SCDW + WWI (formerly know as Super Peace of Mind SPOM) does not apply to these vehicles.
At all times, the customer must comply with the Rental Terms and Conditions of the Europcar Rental Agreement.
If a customer is 21 in New Zealand, the Damage Liability Fee can not be reduced.
For full details contact Europcar on 0800 800 115 within NZ or +613 9330 6160 (outside New Zealand)
Snow Line & Snow Cover
Snow Cover - is only offered by Europcar direct.This is Information only provided to display Europcar requirements.
- The snow line is defined as the entrance to the ski field access roads.
- Snow Cover is compulsory if clients wish to travel above the snow line, without which the client is not permitted to take the vehicle to the snowfields. The cost is at $25.00* inc GST per day.
- For Groups – FFAR, FFMR, PFAR KPQW, KPDM, KPDS, KPDW, KPOW, KPPW, KPVM, KPVS, KP
- Snow Cover is compulsory if clients wish to travel above the snow line, without which the client is not permitted to take the vehicle to the snowfields. The cost is at $36.82* inc GST per day.
- If a client chooses to take the standard Peace of Mind Cover (POM) on a passenger vehicle as well as the Snow Coverage the Damage Liability Fee for above and below the snow line will be $345.00* NZD+GST.
- If a client travels to the snow fields without purchasing the Snow Coverage they will be liable for all costs associated with any accident or incident.
Ski Racks / Snow Chains obtained by contacting Europcar direct
- Customers can hire both Ski Racks and Snow Chains for $15.00* per day to maximimum of $103.50* (inc GST) - each - for the duration of the rental period. (available at all locations during winter May to October)
- NZ will provide a skierised car for ski racks and chains. Available for all vehicles except for the Toyota Hiace (IVAR) which cannot take Ski Racks.