Guide to Returning a Motorhome in New Zealand
Are you dropping off your campervan rental? Here's what you need to know when you are due to return your motorhome hire in New Zealand. VroomVroomVroom has put together some quick tips to help you have a worry-free holiday.
What extra charges will I need to pay when I return the vehicle?
Remember that a cleaning fee will apply if the vehicle is not returned in a good condition. An additional cleaning fee will also apply to any smoking or animal related cleaning.
What should I do before returning the vehicle?
Ensure the vehicle is returned in the same condition as you found it upon pick up. Please go through the checklist below to ensure your vehicle return experience is as smooth and convenient as possible.
Campervan Return Checklist
Here are some thing you should be aware of to avoid paying extra charges.
- Remove any dirt and rubbish: Clean the inside of the motorhome, including the shower, toilet, sinks, oven, microwave, dishes etc.
- Empty the waste water and toilet: Make sure to drain the holding and grey water tanks. They must be empty prior to returning the vehicle.
- Fuel tank must be full: Return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel it had when you picked it up. Failure to comply may result in additional fines.
- Leave any extra hire items: You will need to return your extra rental items on the front passenger seat of your campervan seat.
- Return the vehicle during branch operating hours: To avoid a late fee, make sure to arrive on time.
Do I need to pay a bond when I rent a campervan in New Zealand?
Yes. When you pick up your campervan, you'll be required to pay a security bond using your credit card. This is to ensure the vehicle is returned at the agreed upon day and time. The bond will be credited back to you at the end of your rental.