Car Rental Availability
Car Rental suppliers manage a certain number of vehicles in their fleet at each location. Depending on the depot and the demand for a rental car, you may find that suppliers run out of available vehicles. Here are some tips if you find that you are unable to access an available rental car when doing a search.
- Timing: Planning to rent a car at Easter or Christmas? Peak holiday times sell out of cars quickly!
- Car class: Depending on what vehicle you’re after, the car class may be exhausted.
- Location: In some cases, areas do not have depots or areas to pick up a rental car. Make sure to do your research and see what the closest depot is to your preferred location. Instead, you might like to pick it up in another location and road trip to where you are staying.
What can you do?
- Book in advance: The early you book, the more selection of cars in more locations. Plus rates can be cheaper the earlier you book. By doing, this you will have a selection or car classes to choose from as well as a range of suppliers. In instances that you need to book your rental close to your travel dates, you can adjust your rental dates to see if any pop up. You may go a day without a rental but you might be able to get it for some of the time you need it for.
- Choose a different car class that will still suit your needs: Planning to hire a luxury car but they’re sold out? Instead, you could book a comfortable SUV instead. Or, maybe you are looking at economy cars but there are none left. You could treat yourself to an upgrade and enjoy your rental experience that little bit more.
- Road trip: No cars in the area? Instead, you might like to go on a road trip to your destination. Pick your rental car up in a different location that has better car availability and travel to your destination from there.
Read more about things to consider before you book your rental car.