Compare Cheap Car Rental Deals in Marlborough Airport
VroomVroomVroom can help you find a cheap car rental at Marlborough Airport, also known as Woodbourne Aerodrome and Blenheim Airport. We compare car rental from suppliers such as Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Europcar and Avis. The airport is one of the busiest regional airports in the South Island and it serves as a gateway to the premier wine growing area in New Zealand, the home of world-famous Sauvignon Blanc.
Why rent a car at Marlborough Airport with us?
Here are some of the reasons why customers choose to book their rental cars through VroomVroomVroom.
- Freedom to travel – You can easily go any place, any time you want. No need to wait for the bus or call a cab to get to your destination. Explore Marlborough Sounds and Picton as they are just half an hour away via rental car from the airport. Nelson is a bit further to drive, approximately ninety minutes away.
- Zero booking fee - There are no booking fees or other hidden charges, so the price you see is what you really pay. Neither do we charge you to modify or cancel your booking, should your plans change.
- Save time and money – When you're travelling with a group, and using public transport, the costs can add up to a surprising amount. Pooling resources and hiring a car can result in serious savings. VroomVroomVroom can fit you out with a people-mover or van to accommodate your whole crew. You'll get to see a lot more of beautiful Marlborough.
- More vehicle options - If you're in search of a reliable and affordable rental car, VroomVroomVroom is the website to visit. We offer discounted car rental deals from the country's leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Thrifty, Budget and Europcar, and we guarantee the lowest rates.
- Customer care - Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer care experts waiting to assist you. You can contact them via email, chat, or phone.
Driving tips in Blenheim Airport
Blenheim airport is situated 7km from the town centre, giving visitors easy access to a wide selection of accommodation and restaurants. Take State Highway 6 toward Blenheim, and turn right onto Grove Road to reach the town centre.
Explore the beautiful Marlborough Region
VroomVroomVroom is the best way to book your next car hire. Picking it up from Blenheim Airport is a great option, giving you instant access to the attractions of 'the top of the South'. Here's just a few ideas, there are plenty more in our Blenheim travel guide.
Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
This unique attraction is just five minutes' drive from Marlborough Airport, and essential viewing for anyone interested in aircraft history. The museum is running a 'Knights of the Sky' exhibition, which features rare WW1 aircraft and artifacts from the private collection of Sir Peter Jackson. The aircraft are displayed in stunning sets designed by Wingnut Films and Weta Workshop. The Omaka centre is also home to the Classic Fighters Airshow, the next one is to be held on Easter Weekend of 2017.
Queen Charlotte Track
This is a 70 km track in the Marlborough Sounds. It can be walked in around 3 -5 days, and takes in historic sites, hidden bays and lush coastal bush. During the winter, the track is open to mountain bikers. There is a range of accommodation along the track, from luxury lodges to campsites. Companies such as the Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company offer the choice of guided or freedom walks with your gear transferred each day. Water taxis and sea kayaks are available as alternative transport.
The Wine Exhibition at Marlborough Museum
The story of the wines of Marlborough, beginning with signature Sauvignon Blanc, is told in this permanent exhibition. It is the perfect start to a Blenheim holiday, giving you an overview of the area before heading to the wineries.