Compare Rates to Get a Reliable Car Rental in Kawerau
Compare car hire deals in Kawerau with VroomVroomVroom. We are partners with top car rental suppliers such as Hertz, Thrifty, Avis, Europcar and Budget in locations around New Zealand.
Kawerau is found on the North Island of New Zealand, in the Bay of Plenty. Home to about seven thousand people, Kawerau is the site of the Norske Skog Tasman pulp and paper mill. Mount Putauaki is a significant landmark that stands sentinel over the town.
Why rent a car in Kawerau with VroomVroomVroom?
As this is a fairly small town, there is only one NZ rental car supplier: Hertz on Liverpool Street. This means that rental cars may be subject to availability and the supplier may need to be contacted directly to book a car. But don't worry, we can do this for you. Here some reasons to book a rental car with VroomVroomVroom:
- Zero booking fees: When you reserve a car with VroomVroomVroom you will not be charged any additional booking fees.
- No cancellation fees: You will not be charged any fees if you need to cancel your booking.
- Easy to use website: Easily search through the VroomVroomVroom website and compare the best deals across New Zealand.
- Experience: VroomVroomVroom has been helping customers book rental cars for over 10 years. Our website provides plenty of travel tips and driving advice for New Zealand.
- Committed customer care team: If you have any questions, simply simply contact us via chat, email or phone. Our customer care experts will be happy to assist you. You can also leave us a message on Facebook.
Best time to visit Kawerau
Generally, rainfall in Kawerau is spread throughout the year, despite the fact that it is not surprising to experience a dryness during summer. Take note that Kawerau is the only town in New Zealand with a purpose-built white water slalom course. And that events are held there, and spectators can get a great view of the action.
Driving tips in Kawerau
Book a car rental and explore Kawerau on your own timetable! Kawerau is about 58 kilometres east of Rotorua, and 100 kilometres southeast of Tauranga. The city is also just 25 minutes driving time to the Bay of Plenty coast. It is a motorhome and traveller friendly town, with essential services such as a laundromat, supermarkets, a waste dumping station and free camping.
Cool Water of Kawerau
The plentiful parks and green spaces make Kawerau a very
enjoyable area to visit. VroomVroomVroom recommends that you visit spots like
the stunning Mt. Edgecumbe/ Putauaki, a 820-metre volcanic cone just three kilometres east of town; and the Tarawera Falls.
New Zealand's best tasting water in Kawerau
With all the fantastic wines & beers available in New Zealand, waking up with a hangover can be quite easy in Kawerau! Rehydrate with Kawerau's tap water; this town has been voted as having the best tasting water in New Zealand.