Find a Cheap and Reliable Campervan and Motorhome Hire in Dunedin Swiftly
A campervan rental in Dunedin is a great way to experience New Zealand's South Island. VroomVroomVroom can help you compare campervans and motorhomes from top suppliers such as Apollo, Real Value, Britz, Maui and Jucy Rentals. It's easy to find a campervan to suit your needs when you search using our website. If you have any questions, our highly trained and friendly customer care experts are available by phone, email or live chat.
See the incredible sights of Dunedin with a campervan rental
As the second largest city in the South Island, Dunedin has spectacular contrasting landscapes and is full of history and culture. The surrounding countryside is a wildlife haven; with sea-lions, seals, penguins and our iconic Kiwi bird all resident nearby. Hiring a campervan or motorhome in Dunedin is a fantastic way to explore the city and other great spots in the South Island.
- Why visit Dunedin? No matter what your preference, there is something for everyone in Dunedin. The university culture is truly unique in the city, and the city is centre is home to attractions like the Cadbury Factory and the Speights Alehouse.
- Why hire a campervan in Dunedin? If you are after a road trip, there are plenty of options from Dunedin. A campervan gives you the freedom to travel at your own pace and build your own itinerary.
Top caravan and holiday parks in Dunedin
- Leith Valley Touring Park at 103 Malvern St is a centrally located park that offers sites for campervans and motorhomes as well as deluxe cabins, tourist flats, studios and facilities for children. The units also feature Sky TV with more than 50 channels.
- Dunedin Holiday Park is a Qualmark four star holiday park next to the beautiful St Kilda Beach. Whether you are travelling solo or with your friends and family, you will find the right accommodation here. As well as self-contained units there are also basic cabins and powered sites for campervans.
- Aaron Lodge Top 10 Holiday Park is the answer if you are looking for great accommodation in the heart of the Kaikorai Valley. The park is perfect for the whole family, offering a swimming pool, spa pool, games room, and playgrounds.
- Portobello Village Kiwi Tourist Park is located at 27 Hereweka St in Portobello. The park offers a taste of the outdoors with easy access to wildlife reserves, beaches and scenic walks. You may encounter some yellow-eyed penguins and royal albatross.
The top attractions in Dunedin
- Explore the CBD on foot: Dunedin's main shopping precinct is great to explore on foot. You can easily walk from the beautifully restored Victorian train station and enjoy lunch at the Speights Alehouse.
- Take a tour of the Cadbury Factory: This is a must-see for any chocolate fans. Dunedin also hosts a Cadbury Chocolate Carnival which happens each July.
- Drive along the Otago Peninsula: Follow the narrow and winding roads to the village of Portobello, and on to Taiaroa Heads. Here, you can do a wildlife cruise and enjoy enchanting views. You will get to see an albatross colony, cormorants diving for fish and fur seals basking on the cliff faces. Remember to wrap up warm if you're heading out on a boat, as you are right in the path of the Roaring Forties.
- Visit small towns in central Otago: Head inland and visit iconic small towns such as Middlemarch and Ranfurly for a slice of true rural New Zealand life. From here you can continue along to the tourist mecca of Queenstown, or head north on the coastal road to admire the surreal spherical boulders at Moeraki and the white-stone historic town of Oamaru.
Campervan Relocation Deals
Cut cost on your next trip to or from Dunedin! How? Check out the available relocation offers now. The prices on these deals go as low as one-dollar and occasionally, are even free of charge! Because not only will you be travelling with a rental vehicle, but also helping our hire companies move vans from one place to another.